Two lines, Pardubice-Holice and Pardubice-Bohdaneč, were launched in May 1908. The very first regular bus service was launched a few weeks earlier in Prague. From March 1908, Laurin & Klement omnibuses started at the Lesser Town Square (Malostranské náměstí) and went up Nerudova Street to Prague Castle and then to Pohořelec. From 1 May 1908 the line was extended to include the Charles Bridge and Křížovnické Square. Laurin & Klement omnibuses were tested in Prague from 1907. The names of the vehicles referred to the purpose for which the first model of a particular type was produced. For example, HOP was a type H omnibus intended for Prague. However, every vehicle was a customised original.